The Marriage Course is for couples who are married or in a committed relationship and interested in investing time in their relationship. Keep the spark alive in your relationship and stay connected by gaining some practical relationship skills and techniques. You will learn how to communicate more effectively and improve how you can resolve differences as a couple.
This respected course was originally developed in 1996 by Nicky and Sila Lee, who have been married now for over 40 years. It was updated in 2020, featuring expert insights and drawing on the real-life experiences from couples all over the world. While based on Christian principles, the course is relevant and helpful for any couple with or without a Christian faith or church background.
This course is easier to join than ever before as we have an online Zoom mode and an in-person mode at the Sheaf Hotel in Double Bay. Whichever option suits you, we will do our very best to maximise your experience. We hope to make you feel welcome in a safe space and listen to your questions! All welcome.
The Marriage Course will be held again in 2023.
Held over 7 sessions, the Marriage Course will help you to consider topics including:
- Understanding each other’s needs
- Communicating more effectively
- Growing closer by learning to resolve conflict
- Sex and expressions of love
- and much more!
The course is facilitated by Trish Howes. Trish is a trained Social Worker and has 30 years’ experience working with couples and families. Since her retirement, she has enjoyed running several successful Marriage Courses for St Mark’s, both online and at the Sheaf Hotel at Double Bay.
Quick overview – Online course
- Each session begins at 7.00pm and finishes at 9.00pm. The course runs for 7 consecutive Thursday evenings.
- The online course runs exactly as it would if you were attending in person but enables you to enjoy the course from the comfort of your own home via Zoom, where you can replicate your own date night. There is no group work, and each couple’s conversations are completely private.
- Each session lasts for 1 hour 55 minutes, half of which will be for your conversations.
- The session starts by welcoming everyone online. Couples watch a dynamic and practical video which includes time for private discussion between you and your partner.
- Cost: $75.00 per couple which covers the cost of two booklets which will be posted to your home.
- Don’t forget the candles, snacks, drinks, older kids in another room and the younger ones in bed. Try to make it feel as special as possible
Quick overview – Face to face course
- Each session begins at 7.00pm and finishes at 9.00pm. The course runs for 7 consecutive Tuesday evenings.
- Held in the Canopy Room of the Sheaf Hotel in Double Bay, the course is designed as a date night for each couple.
- The session starts with couples ordering dinner by 6.30pm and spending quality time enjoying their meal. The course content begins at 7.00pm. This includes excellent teaching material, conversation points, and time for private discussion between you and your partner. There are no group discussions.
- Cost: $75 per couple. Booklets with conversation topics and helpful worksheets are provided.
Watch the trailer for the Marriage Course:
For questions about the course content please contact the Course Facilitator, Trish Howes, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about registrations please contact email@example.com