What is Alpha?
Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that explore the big questions of life, faith, and meaning.
It’s presented in a friendly and open environment; where people make friends and engage in meaningful conversations that explore the Christian faith.
How does it work?
Each Alpha evening begins with dinner, followed by an excellent video presentation. Afterwards, everyone engages in small group discussions, that gives participants the opportunity to discuss the video in an honest and open atmosphere.
Who is Alpha for?
- Alpha is for everyone! All are welcome.
- It’s for non-Christians who know nothing about Christianity.
- It’s for people who used to be Christians but may have given up on faith.
- It’s for new Christians and even long-time Christians who want to understand more about Christianity.
Reasons Why People Come to Alpha
- To deepen their understanding of God
- To nurture their relationships in the church
- To learn more about the Bible
Alpha Schedule at St Mark’s
Feb 1st – Welcome to Alpha Introduction Dinner. “Is There More To Life Than This?”
Feb 8th – “Who is Jesus?”
Feb 15th – “Why Did Jesus Have To Die?”
Feb 23rd – “ How Can I Have Faith?”
March 1st- “Why And How Do I Pray?”
March 8th – “Why and How Do I Read The Bible?”
Alpha Term 2 will cover the following: How does God guide us? Who is the Holy Spirit? How can I make the most of the rest of my life? How can I resist evil? Why and how should I tell others? Does God heal today? What about the church?