What is Alpha?
Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that explore the big questions of life, faith, and meaning.
It’s presented in a friendly and open environment; where people make friends and engage in meaningful conversations that explore the Christian faith.
How does it work?
Each Alpha evening begins with dinner, followed by an excellent video presentation. Afterwards, everyone engages in small group discussions, that gives participants the opportunity to discuss the video in an honest and open atmosphere.
Who is Alpha for?
- Alpha is for everyone! All are welcome.
- It’s for non-Christians who know nothing about Christianity.
- It’s for people who used to be Christians but may have given up on faith.
- It’s for new Christians and even long-time Christians who want to understand more about Christianity.
Reasons Why People Come to Alpha
- To deepen their understanding of God
- To nurture their relationships in the church
- To learn more about the Bible
Alpha 2019 Schedule at St Mark’s:
Semester 1: Thursday evenings commencing June 6th
Semester 2: Thursday evenings commencing Aug 22nd
Topics discussed include
- Is There More To Life Than This?
- Who is Jesus?
- Why Did Jesus Have To Die?
- How Can I Have Faith?
- Why, and How Do I Pray?
- Why, and How Do I Read The Bible?
- How Does God Guide Us?
- Who Is The Holy Spirit?
- How Can I Resist Evil?
- What About The Church?
How do I register?
If you would like to sign up for this event, please sign up below: