What is Alpha?
Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that explore the big questions of life, faith, and meaning.
It’s presented in a friendly and open environment; where people make friends and engage in meaningful conversations that explore the Christian faith.
How does it work?
Each Alpha evening begins with dinner, followed by an excellent video presentation. Afterwards, everyone engages in small group discussions, that gives participants the opportunity to discuss the video in an honest and open atmosphere.
Who is Alpha for?
- Alpha is for everyone! All are welcome.
- It’s for non-Christians who know nothing about Christianity.
- It’s for people who used to be Christians but may have given up on faith.
- It’s for new Christians and even long-time Christians who want to understand more about Christianity.
Reasons Why People Come to Alpha
- To deepen their understanding of God
- To nurture their relationships in the church
- To learn more about the Bible
Alpha Semester 2 Schedule at St Mark’s
August 23rd – “Is There More To Life Than This?”
August 30th – “Who is Jesus?”
September 6th – “Why Did Jesus Have To Die?”
September 13th – “How Can I Have Faith?”
September 20th – No Alpha – St. Mark’s Annual Dinner
September 27th – “Why, and How Do I Pray?”
October 4th – “Why, and How Do I Read The Bible?”
October 11th – “How Does God Guide Us?”
October 12th, Friday Evening – “Who Is The Holy Spirit?”
October 13th, Saturday Morning – “How Can I Make The Most Of The Rest Of My Life?”
October 13th, Saturday Evening – “How Can I Resist Evil?”