Parenting Course 2020
- Starts: Mon 1 Jun 2020 7:00pm
- Ends: Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:00pm
- Location: 1 Greenoaks Ave, Darling Point NSW 2027, Australia
Please note that we have changed the course start and finish time to 7:00pm–9:00pm to make it easier for more parents to attend.
Recognising the important role parents have in raising their children, St Mark’s is excited to be offering a Building Strong Foundations online parenting course via Zoom on Monday 1 June 2020, 7:00pm–9:00pm. The evening will be hosted by Trish Howes; who has 30 years’ experience as a family and parenting counsellor; and Erica Oliver, St Mark’s Outreach Minister. Cost is $10 per couple, $5 per single.
The evening will consist of a video presentation and a few self-reflection exercises. The topics covered include:
Part 1: The role of the family
- Any expectations to be perfect parents are unrealistic and unhelpful
- No instant recipe or formula for bringing up children
- Different situations and different children call for different approaches
- Some general principles that apply to all families
- Value of discussions with other parents
- Challenge of pace of life today
- Vital for parents to invest enough time and energy.
Part 2: Patterns for a healthy life
- Having a vision for your family life
- Pausing to think about what we want to achieve
- What will our children’s memories be of us and their home in 20 years’ time?
Come and gain valuable practical advice to help you on your parenting journey.
Watch this video to learn what to expect in the Parenting Course