Parenting Course 2020
- Starts: Mon 1 Jun 2020 7:00pm
- Ends: Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:00pm
- Location: 1 Greenoaks Ave, Darling Point NSW 2027, Australia
Please note that we have changed the course start and finish time to 7:00pm–9:00pm to make it easier for more parents to attend.
Recognising the important role parents have in raising their children, St Mark’s is excited to be offering a Building Strong Foundations online parenting course via Zoom on Monday 1 June 2020, 7:00pm–9:00pm. The evening will be hosted by Trish Howes; who has 30 years’ experience as a family and parenting counsellor; and Erica Oliver, St Mark’s Outreach Minister. Cost is $10 per couple, $5 per single.
The evening will consist of a video presentation and a few self-reflection exercises. The topics covered include:
Part 1: The role of the family
- Any expectations to be perfect parents are unrealistic and unhelpful
- No instant recipe or formula for bringing up children
- Different situations and different children call for different approaches
- Some general principles that apply to all families
- Value of discussions with other parents
- Challenge of pace of life today
- Vital for parents to invest enough time and energy.
Part 2: Patterns for a healthy life
- Having a vision for your family life
- Pausing to think about what we want to achieve
- What will our children’s memories be of us and their home in 20 years’ time?
Come and gain valuable practical advice to help you on your parenting journey.
Register:You can book your place in this course here
Watch this video to learn what to expect in the Parenting Course